WORK: Rewards for Work
What you need to know...
The government & work
- A great website for discovering the influence on the government on work and pay can be found here!
- An excellent range of resources, activities and games
- The National Minimum Wage (NMW) has been increased to £6.31 (more information here!)
- Is the National Minimum Wage (NMW) enough to live off, especially in areas where living costs are higher compared to the rest of the country?
Bonuses: the reward for hard work?
- Staff at John Lewis and Waitrose were recently rewarded with a bonus of 17% on top of their pay (see video below)
- What is 'fair' when it comes to distributing income and rewarding people for their work?
- Watch the video below and you decide on what is fair!
- Is there a maximum number of hours a person can work per day, week or year? (Read the overview here)
- Who works the most each year?
Test yourself using the Zondle App below